Thursday, April 28, 2016

LNKD and STX Earnings

LNKD and STX both announce(d) earnings on 4/28 post market and 4/29 pre market. LNKD beat expectations, and at first the stock launched higher from 123 at the close to I think a 142 handle at its peak! Then, it took a dive and last I saw it was around 131. My range is 107 - 140, and they expire at the end of the day on 4/29. It will probably have a volatile open tomorrow, and I hope it remains in that range, however I'm not afraid to pay commissions to lock it in.

STX had a big down move about a month ago, but surprisingly IVP has dropped considerably heading into earnings. Because the OTM contracts have non-existent liquidity, I sold an ATM iron condor, and the position has a 1:1 risk/reward ratio. I don't have a lot of confidence in this position, and honestly I probably should not have put it on, but it will serve as a hopefully cheap experiment on using ATM iron condors in earnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment